The mayor of the City of Dallas, Eric Johnson, has declared
April 26 -30th, 2021 as Community Health Worker Week!
Please join us this week as we celebrate the dedication of our CHWs to improving the health of our communities.
In honor of CHW week, the DFW-CHW Association offered a special membership rate!
Day 1 – April 26, 2021
We are proud to announce Mayor Eric Johnson has declared the week of April 26th, 2021 as CHW Week in the City of Dallas to celebrate the impact of CHWs on our communities.
Learn more about CHWs on our About Us page.
Day 2 – April 27, 2021
- 190 care packages were assembled and delivered, including Thanksgiving & Holiday meals
- 110 Emergency porch drop offs
- Delivered walkers, wheelchairs and pulse oximeters for patients released from the hospital
- Continue to provide food bags to patients to address food insecurities
Day 3 – April 28, 2021
We are fortunate to have 5 regional CHW Training Centers, a statewide CHW Training Center, and a National CHW Training Center to meet the educational needs of our CHWs!
Thank you for your support and dedication to growing and developing the CHW workforce!
- BSW Health & Wellness Center
- Texas AHEC East DFW
- Community Health Training Institute, Inc.
- UNTHSC – Fort Worth
- El Centro College
A special thank you to Matthew Britt, Director, Texas AHEC East DFW and Founding Partner of the DFW-CHW Association!
For more information about other training centers visit the DSHS CHW Program Office.
Day 4 – April 29, 2021
Today we recognize the male CHWs in our community.
- In 2019, only 11% of Texas CHWs were male.
- Male CHWs are crucial to improving health outcomes of the male population.
- Male CHWs can be more effective in addressing health issues specific to males.
- Community members often have a preference for receiving services, particularly for sexual and reproductive health services, from an individual of the same sex.
As a thank you for your service to our community, the DFW-CHW Association is offering you a 1-year complimentary membership!
Day 5 – April 30, 2021