Below is a list of current CHW positions from various DFW employers. If you’d like us to post your organization’s CHW job offering, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you have questions regarding any of these positions, please contact the organization offering the job directly.
Crossroads Community Services
Crossroads Community Services is hiring 10 individuals to serve as Community Health Workers. Beginning in April, you will be trained and certified by the State of Texas at no cost to you. After training is complete (est. October 2020), you will be hired as a Community Health Worker. This position has been funded up to 240 hours of employment.
In this role, you will help prevent hunger and improve health by providing in-person and telephone education and assistance to Dallas County residents living South of Interstate-30. You will do this by 1) providing individual or group education about nutrition and meal planning, and 2) help individuals enroll in programs such as Parkland Financial Assistance, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Dallas County welfare programs, and food pantry assistance.
• 18 years of age or older
• High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
• Lived within the Dallas local community for 2+ years
• Knowledge of culture and values of Dallas community
• Have access to a workspace with computer and high-speed internet
• Have your own means of transportation to one or more food pantries in Southern Dallas County (South of I-30)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Willing to commit to the following:
o 160 hours of training to become a certified Community Health Worker. The training will be provided at no cost to you. Classes will take place at Crossroads Community Services, 4500 S
Cockrell Hill Rd, Dallas, TX 75236. Supervisors who are already certified Community Health Workers do not need to attend training. For $15 per hour: After you complete training, you must commit to providing between 200-240 hours of health education and navigation to clients at food pantry locations within one year of receiving CHW certification. Supervisors will earn $17-20 per hour, depending on experience.
• Able to work some evenings and weekends
• Pass a background check
• Supervisor role: At least 2 years’ experience managing and supervising hourly employees or CHWs
• Bilingual – Fluent in both English and Spanish
• Food pantry client or volunteer. Served in one or both of these roles at a Crossroads Community Services food pantry or other food pantry in Southern Dallas County (South of I-30) for 6+ months
• At least 1-year experience in health, healthcare, nutrition, community advocacy, or community services
• Must be able to lift 10 lbs. unassisted
• Experience with Social Media platforms and computer systems, including web-based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook and Word
JOB FUNCTIONS for Community Health Workers:
Help community members obtain social and health services:
• Refer and connect individuals and families to resources including food, housing, health insurance, health information, quality healthcare, and social services
• Assist individuals and families complete program applications
• Help individuals and families navigate healthcare and social service systems
• Improve communication between individuals and healthcare and social service systems
• Hand out flyers, brochures, or other informational or educational documents to inform community about healthcare and social service systems
• Network with community organizations, schools, and outside agencies to provide information on available healthcare and social services
Educate and empower community members:
• Educate individuals on health topics (healthy living, heart health, diabetes prevention or management, centering pregnancy, etc.) through one-on-one or group education
• Plan, organize, or facilitate class(es) in or more areas of health at health fairs, community events, etc.
• Empower individuals to understand their health condition(s) and to develop strategies to improve their health and well being
• Deliver health education using culturally appropriate terms and concepts
Build linkages and maintain communication with community members:
• Attend community meetings, health fairs, etc. to build relationships with community members and to understand community issues
• Maintain ongoing communication with individual and families (e.g. confirm appointments, follow-ups, provide guidance, etc.)
• Conduct home visits as needed to monitor the progress or assess the needs individuals or families
Support Crossroads Community Services:
• Maintain updated records for individuals and families with plans, notes, appropriate forms, or related information
• Track pertinent individual, family, and community information (number of appointments, participants in a class, etc.) for reports
• Assist with administrative, supportive, or other duties as requested
• Maintain client confidentiality following all pertinent guidelines
• Adhere to all Crossroads Community Services policies, procedures, and standards as outlined in the employee handbook
• Maintain Texas State Community Health Worker certification
JOB FUNCTIONS for Community Health Worker Supervisor:
• Perform all required duties of Community Health Worker, Supervise a team of 5-9 Community Health Workers, Provide guidance and oversight as needed and track effort and hours of Community Health Workers
• Complete a paper application at Crossroads Community Services 4500 S Cockrell Hill Rd, Dallas, TX 75236 or online at https://ccsdallas.org/careers/
• Applications must be received on or before March 18th
For questions, contact Katie Peters at 214-560-2511 extension 202 or email email@example.com. Interviews
will be held on March 25th, 27th, or by appointment.
JOB TITLE: Community Health Worker
REPORTS TO: Community Health Services Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Care Coordinator I assist with the care coordination of member care. The Care Coordinator I assists
members by providing support, education and assistance in the prevention and/or maintenance of their
disease and/or health and wellness state; by identifying social needs, by assisting in supporting member
adherence with treatment plans; and by assisting in the collaborative coordination of care to reduce waste
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides telephonic outreach to members to complete assessments and develop care plans.
• Completes assigned tasks related to care coordination.
• As directed, assists in the attainment of members goals by:
o working with member, physician, other care providers to meet the member’s individual needs
based on protocols and referrals,
o supporting the member education goals regarding their specific needs based on the Plan of
o identifying and coordinating referrals to community-based resources,
o assisting in the arrangement of Provider follow-up appointments and delivery of care,
o mailing of approved educational and informational materials,
o assisting in the performance of calls to members post discharge from inpatient or other levels
o supporting the monitoring and evaluation of interventions in the Plan of Care.
• Conducts all communications in a professional manner.
• Administers tasks as detailed in the member specific Plan of Care.
• Completes clear and concise documentation in Care Management programs.
• Participates in care conferences as needed.
• Assists with handling incoming and outgoing calls from members.
• Complies with all departmental policies and procedures.
• Participates in departmental and company in-services as appropriate.
• Recognizes and adheres to the scope / limitations of job requirements.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Builds empathetic relationships with members that promotes an environment of trust
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent experience required.
• At least 2-3 years of relevant professional experience, including healthcare experience, managed care
• Community Health Worker (CHW) or Health Coach certification required.
• Demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
• Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate analytic skills when problem solving.
• Proficient in MS Office Applications and ability to learn department and job specific software
• Demonstrate high attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
• Able to commit to Innovista’s corporate mission and values.
• Able to switch priorities in a positive and effective manner when directed by Company leadership.
• Able to effectively communicate technical concepts with team members and basic business concepts
with team members and internal customers.
• Valid Driver’s License and vehicle may be required.
• May be eligible for consideration of partial work from home status upon completion of probationary
period as designated by the direct supervisor.
Anthem Community Health Worker – Fort Worth – PS31936
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Community Health Worker
Responsible for serving as a liaison/connector between the patient, care team, and the community. Helps to bridge conversations with patients and remove barriers that prevent them from accessing health and social services. Conducts telephonic and/or face-to-face outreach to panel of patients for appointment scheduling, needs assessment, and care gap closure.
- Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Meets patient in clinic, facility or at home to help identify social determinants of health impacting patient’s health and general well-being.
- Collaborates with social worker and/or care manager to develop action plan.
- Develops trusting relationship with patients by providing support and advocacy to help achieve health goals.
- Assists patients in accessing health-related services and community resources, such as accompaniment to specialist appointments and assistance with enrollment forms.
- Facilitates communication between all parties (patients, families, colleagues, and community-based organizations) as needed.
- Documents interactions with patients and on behalf of patients in medical record.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Requires a High School diploma or GED;
- experience utilizing electronic medical record;
- 1 year of experience in a healthcare, community-based, or social work environment; or any combination of education and experience,
- which would provide an equivalent background.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Certified Community Health Worker preferred.
- Travel may be required.
- Preferred experience with EMR systems
DFW-CHW Association is not responsible and bears no liability for the content in the job application description or links. Please contact the employer(s) directly with any questions.