Below is a list of current CHW positions from various DFW employers. If you’d like us to post your organization’s CHW job offering, please email us at email@example.com If you have questions regarding any of these positions, please contact the organization offering the job directly.
Save a Smile program CHW, Cook Children’s
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, US
The Community Health Worker/Promotora functions in collaborative practice with families, community agencies, providers, volunteers, and co-workers at Cook Children’s as a part of the Center for Children’s Health (C4CH). The Community Health Worker/Promotora focuses on helping children and their families make healthy lifestyle choices that will lead to an improved quality of life and better personal health. Consistently performs duties per established policies and procedures with skill and a focus on detail. The Center for Children’s Health initiates, implements, and evaluates community health initiatives throughout the six county primary service area and takes an active role in collaborative community partnerships essential to Cook Children’s strategic plan and community benefit requirements.
- Minimum 1-year experience in managed care or outreach activities required.
- Basic computer skills, to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint Language Skills
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or other language strongly preferred but not required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Acts in a professional and appropriate manner at all times.
- Maintains a pleasant and flexible attitude/demeanor.
- Self-starter, independent worker, highly motivated.
- Requires routine travel in the six-county service area as assigned (primarily Tarrant County) (Tarrant, Johnson, Hood, Parker, Wise, Denton).
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification
- TX DSHS Community Health Worker (CHW) Promotora(s) certificate required or obtained within 12 months.
- Must have current, valid Texas Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Private, reliable transportation capability.
- Able to drive assigned CCHCS vehicle, if applicable, as an approved driver; Must be 21 years of age; take and pass Cook Children’s Defensive Driving course once employed, and annually thereafter.
- If job appropriate, certification as technician in child passenger safety by Safe Kids/NHTSA required; May be obtained within first 6 months of hire.
Location: Baylor Scott & White Health, Dallas, Texas US
- Location/Facility Baylor Scott & White – South Dallas Health & Wellness Institute
- Specialty/Department/Practice Southern Sector Health Initiatives
- Shift/Schedule PRN; scheduled as needed
- Benefits Our competitive benefits package includes:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
- High School diploma/GED Equivalent.
- Knowledge of the geographic area, the community and its resources.
- Cultural competency related to health practices.