Below is a list of current CHW positions from DFW employers. If you have questions regarding any of these positions, please contact the organization offering the job.
Parkland Center for Clinical Innovations (PCCI): Enrollment specialist
Enrollment Specialist to work with Accountable Health Communities, CMS grant, team. As a social worker I am certain that a CHW would be a perfect fit for our team and for this position.
Due to the large number of bilingual -Spanish speaking clients/customers this role will serve, the applicant must be bilingual- Spanish speaking . A Spanish Language proficiency exam is required prior to an on-site interview. The applicant must score 80% or better to be considered for this career opportunity.
Please go here for details and to apply
Cook Children’s: Community Health Worker/Promotora (Neighborhood Clinics)
Department: CCPN NC-Northside
Req Number: 39335
Functions in collaborative practice with physician(s) and/or nurse practitioner(s) and/or Case Manager/Social Worker(s) and/or Therapist(s) in a CCPN Neighborhood Clinic practice setting. Primarily responsible for providing health education and family resource and support services to families/individuals and facilitates and organizes access to health and social services for an identified group of clinic patients. The Community Health Worker / Promotora’s focus will be to assist patients and their families in making healthy lifestyle choices that will lead to an improved quality of life and better personal health. Skillfully and consistently performs duties per established policy and procedure.
- High School diploma required.
- Minimum 1-year experience in healthcare or outreach activities required.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- TX DSHS Community Health Worker / Promotora (es) certificate required.
- National Certification from another state considered with TXDSHS obtained within 90 days.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable transportation are necessary.