Individuals have the opportunity to join the DFW-CHW Association in several different ways: as a student, individual CHW or CHW Instructor, or as a Partner Organization. Each membership type has its own set of Member Benefits (PDF).
Student Membership – If you are currently a CHW/ CHW Instructor student, you have the opportunity to join the DFW-CHW Association and benefit from networking with CHWs across the DFW Metroplex. Additional benefits include:
- Opportunities for community service.
- Professional development workshops.
- A supportive environment of CHWs after completing certification course.
- Access to community and employment resources.
Community Health Worker/ Community Health Worker Instructor – Benefits of joining the DFW-CHW Association include:
- Opportunities for community service
- Continuing education trainings and information
- Professional development workshops
- A supportive environment that advocates for CHWs
- Access to a network of CHWs across the DFW area
- Access to community and employment resources through the association
CHW/CHWI Membership Fee: $25
Partner Organization Membership – Organizations and CHW Training Centers that choose to join as a group receive additional benefits that include:
- Access to DFW-CHW Association members
- Opportunity to share events and information about the organization with association members
- Events and information about organization included in quarterly association newsletter
- Representation from partner organization at every association meeting
*** Current Partner Organizations Include: DFW Area Health Education Center (Texas AHC East), El Centro CHW Training Center, Texas Health Resources